Sugarcreek Village Council
KEY ACTION Council heard the first reading of an ordinance re-stating rates for water tap and connection fees and adding a charge for underground boring. Effective on the passage of the ordinance any tap requiring an underground boring (under a street) will be charged an additional fee of $1,500. Tapping and connecting to the water lines of the village are as follows: Costs for a $500 for a new 3/4-inch connection with a tap previously installed; $1,500 for new taps to 3/4-inch lines; $1,800 for taps 1-inch lines; $2,800 for taps to two inch lines.
The charges for tapping into the sewer lines of the village shall remain as follows; $1,100 for taps to four inch lines; $1,500 for taps to six inch lines; all sewer taps shall be charged an additional $50 inspection fee.
Discussion: Mayor Clayton Weller said there were no bids submitted to construct the police garage. Therefore, the village will serve as the general contractor and purchase all the materials. Tim Immel will be hired as the sub-contractors to construct the garage.
* Lauded fiscal officer Becky Crilow for having no findings during a recent audit. Weller said it reflects the good job Crilow is doing.
* Passed an ordinance to establish a volunteer police dependency board. Councilmen Jeff Schrock and Arlen Hostetler will represent the village on the board.
* Approved the purchase of $1,200 of ammunition for the police.
* Accepted a healthcare plan for village employees. The renewal rates for the village are $13,300 per month or $159,607 annually. The plan has increased 14 percent over the current costs.
* Heard the first reading of an ordinance naming a newly opened alley connecting one end of Yoder Drive. Council agreed to name it Wilson Lane. A resident is considering construction of a new house and they needed the frontage for the lot.
FOR YOUR INFO
* The village planning commission will meet at 6 p.m. May 23 to discuss zoning code changes. Council is invited to attend.
UP NEXT meets at 7 p.m. June 6 in village hall. The safety committee will meet at 6:45 p.m. prior to the council meeting.